The Rhode Island Horseman's Association Incorporated
(RIHA) was established to encourage and promote
all horse activities in Rhode Island, and to join together
the horsemen of Rhode Island in a cooperative interest
in horse activities, especially in horse shows and breeding.
This website is an effort to display information
related to the RIHA in a user-friendly fashion.
For more information about the RIHA, please visit the links in the menu to the left.
If you have a membership or point question, please go to the Contact Board of Directors page.
POINTS UPDATE: 2015 Points are now posted as of April 23rd.
Calendar Change: The May 17th Hunter Ridge Horse Show has been cancelled.
2015 Rulebook Supplement:
Click HERE to download and print the 2015 Rulebook Supplement.
NEW RIEC DATE: The RI Equitation Championships horse show will be held on Sunday, August 30th, 2015.
This is the week BEFORE Labor Day weekend. Hopefully this will help out with qualifiers who leave for college or who want to go away for the long holiday weekend.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!!!
NEW WAY TO QUALIFY FOR RI EQUITATION CHAMPIONSHIPS!!
For the 2015 season, the RIHA Board of Directors has voted to change the RI Finals qualifications to the following:
- All RIHA Medals will require 3 riders complete the course for the class to fill and count.
- One win qualifies a rider in that Medal ridden. Riders may continue to compete in medal class even after qualified.
All winners qualify even if over 25 qualifiers.
- With each Medal allowing approximately 25 riders to compete at the finals, any open spots available after the qualified
winners, will be filled based on highest points accumulated. 1st = 10, 2nd = 6, 3rd =4, 4th=2 to count. The list of riders,
based on their points will be allowed to show at the finals until approximately 25 are entered.
- This new method of qualifying begins December 1, 2014, with the qualifiers from the previous method already qualified for
the 2015 finals counting as is.
- The cut off date for qualifying is two Sundays before the date of the Finals at midnight. Shows after that date will count
for the next year.
NEW FOR THE 2015 SHOW SEASON:
The following divisions have been added to receive year-end awards for the 2015 season:
- Color Breed
- Walk Trot Equitation 11 & Over
- Walk Trot Pleasure 11 & Over
- Junior Equitation
- 2'6" Hunter Derby
- 2'9" Hunter Derby
The Arab and 1/2 Arab divisions were also combined. Specifications can be found in the 2015 Rulebook Supplement.
There is a website that allows you to pre-enter
for most RIHA shows. Go to the Calendar page for more information.
RIHA has gone green!
In an effort to do our part for the environment, RIHA is no longer mailing out
rulebooks and has reduced the number of other mailings sent out. Please download and print the rulebook from the
Rules page, check this website frequently, sign up for email alerts, and join the RIHA Facebook
group for up-to-date information on the annual banquet, point standings, calendar changes, the annual meeting, RI Finals
information, etc. Every little bit makes a difference!