2014/2015 RIHA Rule Book
Note: The show dates printed in this Rule Book may change. Please check this website or contact the show managers for the correct show dates.
Reminder for Medal entries: You must bring your membership card or a copy to enter a medal class. If you do not have it with you, you will have to fill out the new Affidavit for a fee of $25. When received in the office if you are a current member, the money will be returned to you. If you are not a current member, the money will be put towards a new membership.
Effective in 2015: The following divisions have been added to receive year-end awards for the 2015 season:
- Color Breed
- Walk Trot Equitation 11 & Over
- Walk Trot Pleasure 11 & Over
- Junior Equitation
- 2'6" Hunter Derby
- 2'9" Hunter Derby
The Arab and 1/2 Arab divisions were also combined. Specifications will be published soon!!!
NEW WAY TO QUALIFY FOR RI EQUITATION CHAMPIONSHIPS!!
For the 2015 season, the RIHA Board of Directors has voted to change the RI Finals qualifications to the following:
- All RIHA Medals will require 3 riders complete the course for the class to fill and count.
- One win qualifies a rider in that Medal ridden. Riders may continue to compete in medal class even after qualified.
All winners qualify even if over 25 qualifiers.
- With each Medal allowing approximately 25 riders to compete at the finals, any open spots available after the qualified
winners, will be filled based on highest points accumulated. 1st = 10, 2nd = 6, 3rd =4, 4th=2 to count. The list of riders,
based on their points will be allowed to show at the finals until approximately 25 are entered.
- This new method of qualifying begins December 1, 2014, with the qualifiers from the previous method already qualified for
the 2015 finals counting as is.
- The cut off date for qualifying is two Sundays before the date of the Finals at midnight. Shows after that date will count
for the next year.
RIHA is going green! In an effort to "go green", RIHA will not be mailing out rulebooks and will be reducing the
number of other mailings. Please download the rulebook from this page and check this website frequently and join the RIHA Facebook group
for information on the annual banquet, point standings, calendar changes, the annual meeting, RI Finals information, etc.
If you really need a printed copy of the rulebook, please print the following form, fill it out and mail it to the
Rulebook Request Card
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the rule book file. Click
to download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.